Saturday 1 May 2010

Butterfly Circle

I don't have any fancy cutting machines but thought it was a great idea to do something away from my normal square card shape! So I cut up a square card to create a simple three quarter shaped circle.

Colour-wise I decided on some breezy pastels. The green background and pink scalloped circles are My Minds Eye papers and the rest of the papers are scraps from my box. I stamped a Penny Black dandelion stamp with distress inks on to the green background. A glittered Back to Nature butterfly and pale pink shimmery ribbon tops it all off.

I would like to enter this card into:

6 comments:

Anne said...

Hi Emily and Thanks for visiting my blog - I love your card! The pastel colours are wonderful and perfect for this time of year! Re. your question about my stamp, it was from this plate: http://www.creative-expressions.uk.com/products/detail.php?pid=UMFANTASY Have fun! :o) x

Emily said...

Thanks Anne :o) Am quite new to all this so am looking for inspiration! Emily x

Enfys said...

Hi Emily, what a pretty card, thanks for joining in on Get Funky this month
hugs
Enfys

Lisa said...

Miss Emily, this card is soooo gorgeous!!! I can't believe I didn't check out the "Get Funky" site sooner!!! I want to play too! I think Enfys is one of the coolest card makers out there, such an eclectic style, so I am never bored when I see her cards. OOPs, sorry, I've been up all night..I'm here to give you Crafty props!!! I love the shimmer and the coloring of the butterfly, it's so delicate!!!

Thanks so much for sharing, and look forward to seeing more Crafty goodness from you!!!

Cheers!
Lisa Sturgill

Kathy said...

What a pretty card

Alisonw30 said...

Hi Emily, I love the buttefly, it's really pretty. I'm new to this as well but the as I have one of the Funky Hand Cds, I think I will definitely have to give this a go this month!

Good luck,

Alison

Post a Comment